Diets are often seen as a temporary solution, but they can put a lot of pressure on you and make it hard to stick to. Additionally, many diets are unrealistic, cutting out entire food groups or restricting calories and timeframes. This leads to feelings of failure and giving up on the diet.
So, what can we do about this? Instead of focusing on a temporary diet, let’s focus on a lifestyle approach. Here are some tips to help you achieve your health and weight loss goals:
- Wake up and have breakfast within six to 90 minutes of waking up. Say goodbye to intermittent fasting and start your day with a healthy breakfast to get your body and metabolism going.
- Eat something every three to four hours throughout the day. This will keep your energy up and metabolism going, and help prevent overeating and the diet mentality.
- Drink plenty of water. Aim for at least 64 ounces per day, and more if you exercise or live in a warm climate.
- Move your body. Exercise is important for weight loss, but also for feeling good and keeping a positive mindset.
- Keep a food log. Writing everything down can help you stay accountable and make tweaks and changes to your diet with the help of a registered dietician.
By incorporating these lifestyle changes, you can achieve your health and weight loss goals without the pressure and unrealistic restrictions of a traditional diet. If you have any questions or would like to work with a registered dietician, feel free to reach out for support.