If you’ve been following me for a while, you know I am a big advocate for eating breakfast. However, I also get that breakfast can sometimes be the hardest meal to prepare. In this blog post I’m sharing two easy recipes for breakfast! See my full YouTube video below for more ideas!
EGG MUFFIN CUPS
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 12 muffins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup red pepper measured after chopping
- 1 cup green pepper measured after chopping
- 1 cup yellow onion measured after chopping
- 2 cups baby spinach – roughly chopped measured/packed before chopping
- 1 cup mushrooms measured before chopping
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- salt to taste
- 4 whole eggs
- 4 egg whites
- hot sauce optional for drizzling on top!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a standard non stick 12-slot muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Heat a large non stick skillet over medium heat.
- Once hot, add in oil, red pepper, green pepper, and onion.
- Saute 5-7 minutes, or until peppers are tender.
- Add in spinach and mushrooms and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- In the last 30 seconds, add in minced garlic.
- Season with salt and remove from heat.
- Crack eggs/egg whites into a large 4 cup measuring cup and whisk together.
- Stir in cooked veggies.
- Pour the egg/veggie mixture evenly into the prepared muffin pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the tops are firm to the touch and eggs are cooked.
- Cool slightly and serve immediately!
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for about 4 days.
- These may also be frozen.
- To reheat, pop them in the microwave until warm.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
- ½ cup rolled eats
- ½ cup milk of your choosing
- ½ cup yogurt
- 1 tsp chia seeds (optional)
- Mix all ingredients in a container
- Add 1 tsp honey or ½ tsp cinnamon for sweetness
- Let sit overnight (at least 5 hours)
- Top with fresh fruits and nuts
I hope the recipes above and the ones mentioned in my video make breakfast a little easier for you. Let me know if you try any of the recipes I mentioned! Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel and follow me on Instagram and Facebook. Feel free to reach out to me or send me an email if you have any questions!